Auto Car Insurance

Auto Insurance in Louisiana

Why Choose TK Insurance for Car and Truck Insurance?  

Like the major carriers, Thimmesch Kastner can bundle your insurance to get you discounts and save your hard earned money. We take a consultative approach and make sure you have the correct coverage that's needed for you and your family. We also are very pro-active when it comes to the renewal process. We review your policy and make sure you are always paying the best premium for your coverage dollar. You work hard for your money, you shouldn't have to worry about your insurance, let us do that for you! 

Personalizing your car,motorcycle, boat or ATV policy can allow for combination of discounts and incentives. Making sure that you receive the best coverage for your lifestyle is our goal.

Car & Truck insurance are mandatory in Louisiana, so why not save some cash and talk to our advisors about what discounts you may be eligible for if you buy more than one type of coverage from us.

Because we are local, we will explain things in relationship to your status as a resident of Louisiana, which has some of the highest car insurance rates in the nation. There are things you can do to save money on car insurance without losing valuable coverage.

Types of AUTO Coverage:

Bodily Injury Liability Coverage:

The minimum legal requirement to drive a car is liability insurance, though most financing institutions mandate that you carry full coverage as long as your car is financed through the bank. In Louisiana, the minimum limits for bodily injury coverage is $15,000 per person, and $30,000 per accident.

Property Damage Liability:

This type of auto insurance covers the damage that you do to another person’s vehicle in excess of bodily injury. The minimum requirement in the state of Louisiana is $25,000.

Medical Payments:

This type of car insurance covers the medical bills of those involved in the accident, in the event that the accident is determined to be at the fault of the insured. The minimum legal requirement for this type of coverage is $1000 per vehicle.

Un-insured or Under-insured Motorist Insurance:

This type of coverage protects the driver in the event that you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or under-insured person.

While their are no minimum requirements for UM coverage, we at Thimmesch Kastner highly recommend having this coverage though.

Comprehensive and Collision Insurance:

This coverage is not mandated by law, but many banks require that you carry “Comp and Collision Insurance” until you have paid off your car note. If you have C&C Insurance with your mandatory insurance, this is often referred to as “full coverage.”

Comp & Collision Insurance comes to play when you hit another vehicle, or a stationary object like a light pole or a sign. It also includes theft or vandalism to your vehicle, and can pay for things like cracked or broken windshields.

For more information on Auto Insurance, check out our blog post on Car Insurance Frequently Asked Questions.

Car Insurance